Monday, June 7, 2010

Some Brief Counter Programming

For the past couple of months, this blog has been full of doom and gloom. I am going to get through the rest of the trial over the next couple of weeks, but I thought it might be nice to give you do reader a little sunshine. I've had a pretty awesome month kiddies.

After much rumination Meg and I have begun seeing each other again. As has been the case in the past, a little time apart brought a whole lot of clarity. I will not speculate too much here, sufficed to say I am very happy with where we are right now.

At the end of last month, I went with several Vermont friends, some Bentley people and Meg to Providence for their beer fest! It was a rowdy good time, and despite shoving 8 adults in a mini hotel room, it was amazing. It was such a good time in fact that a certain disoriented friend of mine had to be retrieved from Providence Convention security.

The next week I went to Burlington for the somber celebration surrounding the end of school for many of my friends. The somberness was promptly interrupted by several kegs and some unexpected sunshine.

After that I had week on the road off to St. Paul for work. I did not have high expectations, but Minneapolis/St. Paul proved to be a pretty amazing place. The city was great, the people were great, the weather was great. It definitely put a chink in the armor of my Coastal elitism, and I can say that under the right circumstances, I would live there.

From STP, I flew to NYC where I met up with Meg, Caitlin and Madison. We bopped around most of the weekend, enjoying the sun on roof tops and seeing LCD sound system at terminal 5. Some of my companions got a bit intoxicated and ended up doing yoga in the lobby of a Holiday Inn. At one point we managed to rescue a mannequin headed for the trash and bring it back to safety. Also, there was a party which ended when a PETA sympathized drenched the halls of the party building with red paint. Magically Chris P appeared at one point.

The weekend after that, I headed to San Fran to meet up with Lindsay. We spent a few days wandering around the mission. The trip was punctuated by a trip to Half Moon Bay, a viewing of Robin Hood, a tour of the AMAZING Anchor Steam Brewery and the consumption of 8 episodes of "The Pacific".

And finally, I spent the last weekend in a continuous near coma with Meg recovering from 6 very busy weeks. The weekend featured over 30 hours of sleeping and food from every major restaurant in the Brookline area. Also we made delicious blueberry pancakes. We watched the Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus - a very strange film. I do not recommend it to the sleepy or the sober. It is wacky in a Terry Gillian way, but if you know what you are getting into, it is pretty great.




1 comment: